Jeffrey A. Zankel
♦ State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.A., Economics, with honors, 1974)
♦ Syracuse University College of Law (M.S., J.D., magna cum laude, 1977)
♦ New York University School of Law (L.L.M., Taxation, 1981)
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 – New York Super Lawyers® Metro Edition in the areas of Trusts and Estates
- 2007-2008 – appeared in “Madison’s Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals,” which is registered at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
ORGANIZATIONS & COMMITTEES
- Member, Nassau County Estate Planning Council
- Member, American, New York State and Nassau County Bar Associations
- Member, Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association
- 06.13.13 & 06.14.13 – The Affordable Care Act: Navigating the “Pay or Play” Penalties – Seminar at Lamb & Barnosky, LLP
Jeffrey A. Zankel is a 1977 magna cum laude graduate of Syracuse University College of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif Honor Society. Mr. Zankel received his L.L.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 1981 and is a Certified Public Accountant. He is a member of the Nassau County Estate Planning Council, a member of the American, New York State and Nassau County Bar Associations, and a member of the Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association. Throughout his professional career, Mr. Zankel has been involved in all aspects of trusts and estates practice, including wills, complex estate planning, and Surrogate’s Court litigation, and has served as a Guardian ad litem in several matters before the Nassau County and New York County Surrogate’s Courts. He also has extensive experience in business transactions, structuring and tax issues, and succession planning for family-owned businesses. Mr. Zankel was selected to appear in the New York Super Lawyers® Metro Edition in the areas of Trusts and Estates in 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.