♦ Binghamton University (B.S., B.A., 2003)
♦ St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
New Jersey, New York
HONORS & AWARDS
ORGANIZATIONS & COMMITTEES
- Former Chair of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Environmental Law Committee
- 10.04.2019: IEP and 504 Plan Legal Workshop: Developing and Implementing 504 Plans: Ensuring a Level Playing Field – National Business Institute Seminar
- 06.03.2019: Section 504 Plan Documentation: What You Need To Know – National Business Institute Seminar
- 02.07.2019: Smartphones, Laptops, Tablets and iPads in Schools: Legal Concerns, Search and Discipline Issues – National Business Institute Seminar
- 03.28.2018: Legal Rights of Transgender Students/Athletes – CLE Program, Queens County Bar Association
- 09.08.2017: Education Law Practice – John’s Alumni, St. John’s University School of Law
- 04.26.2017: ENDREW F. SCOTUS Rules on the Requirement to Provide a FAPE: The Decision and its Impact from the Perspectives of a School Attorney, Parent Advocate and an IHO – Nassau County Bar Association’s Education Law Committee Meeting
- 03.15.2010: Recent case law and amendments to the NYS Brownfield Cleanup Program, newly created NYC Local Brownfield Cleanup Program, contractual and financial issues, and the development of contaminated property outside of the Brownfields Cleanup Programs, Brownfields Conference, Nassau County Bar Association CLE
- 12.14.2009: Developments in CERLCA – Nassau County Bar Association CLE
- 05.04.2009: Legally Green: How to Make Green by Going Green – Nassau County Bar Association CLE
Lauren Schnitzer concentrates her practice on education, labor and municipal law and civil litigation. She serves as general and labor counsel to the Firm’s school district, BOCES and other municipal clients and as special education counsel to school districts. She represents management in public and private sector labor and employment matters, including discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints, workplace investigations, discipline and grievance arbitrations.
Ms. Schnitzer represents public and private sector clients in all phases of civil litigation in State and federal court and in administrative matters, including before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, the New York State Education Department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Ms. Schnitzer is a former chair of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Environmental Law Committee. She has lectured at programs sponsored by the Nassau and Queens County Bar Associations and by the National Business Institute (NBI). She has authored articles for the Nassau Lawyer, the Suffolk Lawyer and On Board, a publication of the New York State School Boards Association. She was an assistant chapter editor for the Second Edition of the American Bar Association’s treatise “Discipline and Discharge in Arbitration.”
Ms. Schnitzer received her undergraduate degrees from Binghamton University and her law degree from St. John’s University School of Law. While in law school, she was an editor of the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review and served as a judicial intern for Justice Kenneth A. Davis of the Nassau County Supreme Court. Ms. Schnitzer is admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bars and the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.